Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Month!!

My precious Benjamin is one month old today!! I have heard every mother say it but it's true -- time is flying by. Benjamin is already so much bigger and more alert. He is measuring around 23 inches long putting him in the 93% and 3 month clothes. He is still eating about every 3 hours but has given this tired mama a stretch of 5 hours almost every night! He loves stretching, jumping on his daddy's legs, and playing on his mat. I can't wait to see what this next month will bring!
This week was filled with many more firsts. It started with our first trip to Mckinney for two wonderful days! I was really nervous about the drive but after 10 minutes of screaming in his carseat Ben did great. My sister watched Ben while I went and pampered myself to a haircut. As seen by the picture below I think he was in good hands. :) He loves his Aunt Amanda.
It was so good to spend some time at my "Mckinney home" with my mom. Seeing my mom interact with Ben is such a blessing! She is more than helpful and full of knowledge. It is very obvious she has had 4 of her own. The second my screaming baby is put into her arms he stops. It's like magic! Tula we can't wait to come back!
She is also a master at making my sweet Ben comfortable.
Over the weekend, we went on our first family walk around the Trinity.
I went on a errand by myself for the first time. I came home to this precious picture. Ben loves his Daddy.
Ben took his first nap in his crib. It felt so weird having him in another room!
I am not the best swaddler as seen below. I still have a lot to learn from my sister and mom. :) Sorry buddy.
Our week ended with our first trip to church. It was so wonderful being around our sweet church friends that had prayed for Benjamin throughout my pregnancy. What a great way to end the week!

3 comments:

  1. Ben is so cute and getting bigger as you said! I love all the pics, and you look Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I wanna meet the little man in person! We need to have another Gibson/Knochel girls get-together!
    By the way, something about Ben reminds me of Asher. Dustin said the same thing when he saw his birth announcement. In fact, he said that when he first glanced at the announcement, he thought it was a picture of Asher! Not sure what it is, but we definitely see a resemblance between our cute boys :)

    ReplyDelete