Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Place I Call Home

Last week Benjamin, Amanda, Luke, Tula and I traveled to Austin to visit Memaw and Pepaw. My grandparents have lived in the same house my entire life and I have millions of memories in 309 Laurelwood Trail.
I consider it another place I call home.
Benjamin had so much fun playing with his Memaw. I know he is still so tiny but I honestly think he remembered her.
Here he is smiling away.
My Memaw was a teacher (an amazing one) for the majority of her life. She has bought Benjamin enough books to fill a bookcase. I hope Benjamin has a love for reading and learning like his Memaw has.
Memaw... why don't you come out of retirement? I have the most perfect little student for you.
Benjamin enjoyed his first taste of a juicy watermelon. Nothing better on a hot, summer day!
I don't think he liked it.
Precious Luke enjoying some.
Luke is very into tickling Benjamin's toes. Benjamin is kinda obsessed with Luke. He laughs at EVERYTHING he does. I literally would pay my sister to borrow Luke to entertain Ben.
My Pepaw isn't doing very well and it breaks my heart my children will miss out on meeting the Grandfather I knew. He was the man who called me "Turkey," taught me how to throw a football, showed me the discipline of faith, attended every pep rally, play, game, ect. and loved his family with all his heart. He was always present and I will make sure my kids hear all about my precious Pepaw. The one and only amazing Pepaw.
It is a special day today...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TULA!!
Nothing better than a love that comes in the form of a Tula.

No comments:

Post a Comment