Friday, June 20, 2014

Free At Last!

 Rebecca is helmet free!!
This was not Rebecca and I's reaction to getting her helmet off...

 As precious as she is I am not going to miss this thing.

 I am ready to be able to kiss her bald head anytime of the day.
 Here is our little love moments before the big appointment.
 After her name was called we literally went back into a room and they told us we could take it off.  Of course I had a bow ready to go!  I gave Rebecca her helmet to play with (something she was never able to do) and she started slamming it on the table.  I was cracking up!
 This picture was from another appointment but it shows the life size head we were given as a consolation prize.  It is a replica of what her head use to look like 11 weeks ago.  They would use it to compare her head at each appointment. We would go in every two weeks to have her helmet modified based on her growth.  The OT was always very impressed with her progress.  That is one big head. :)
 They took us back to an imaging room to show me the results since the start.  The pictures on the left are before and right are afters.  It is just amazing to see the difference!  I was in huge denial on how bad her head was.  
During labor Rebecca was low for quite some time making her head super coney.  Then the lack of rolling and her always being on her back made her head worse.  It is just crazy to see how her looked from the images.  

 You can really see how the helmet helped get some width on the top of her head.  
Way less turban. ha.
 It also helped make her head more symmetrical.  Before it was an offset oval.
 This picture took my breath away.  
I am a believer in the helmet!! I am so thankful Will and I took her in and went through all of this. 
 This child is so loved!
 We are so proud of her and all the growing she did over the 11 weeks!
Free at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment