Monday, March 14, 2011

This and That

Come on people. Look at that baby. I die.
Precious.
Last week, Ben and I headed to Mckinney to get some Gibson lovin. It is so wonderful to hand my baby off to the many hands available and get to - take a longgg shower, eat a hot meal, sleep that extra hour and enjoy that hot cup of coffee in the morning. We had so much fun playing with cousin Luke and can't wait to go back!
Tula singing some lullabies. I crack up at this picture. Ben's fussy time is around the 6-9 slot and Pop somehow put the stun on him in the thick of it. I have never seen this child more calm. Pop. The door is unlocked. Come anytime. Close up on the hypnotized baby. Ben's sleeping schedule is something I am trying to figure out. (I have a feeling I never will.) Our nightime routine is pretty consistent, it is the days that are a little tricky. I am currently trying to 'bed train' Ben during the day. My goal right now is everyday he take two bed naps lasting a hour. Yes. That means he cries it out most of the time. We are on week one of this and he is actually doing pretty great! He slept a whole 55 minutes in his bed yesterday!! I can't wait to get him trained so I can get more done around the house -- it is pretty hard when you have a baby in your arms 24/7. :) Will and I enjoyed our first baby-free date thanks to Miss E (Will's mama)! I could just kick myself for not snapping a picture of them before we left. It was the first time we have left Ben and I have to admit I missed him. Will and I had so much fun!! We made a pact not to talk about Ben and only broke it twice. We went to the Love Shack for some yummy burgers, beers, and live music! I think it is safe to say we will be doing this again - Thanks Miss E!! When we got home from our date we did our nighttime routine. We are well oiled machines! Will is mainly in charge during of this part of the day (change diaper/clothes. give bottle. put down for bedtime) and it is so precious to watch these two interact. Ben LOVES his Daddy! I know Will looks forward to their special mom-free time together each night. Oh, I can't get enough of you. I love you head to toe. I love you to the moon and back.

2 comments:

  1. Ben is so cute!!! And obviously so loved :) I love all the pics!
    I just want to encourage you not to stress about his sleep habits. No seven week old has a consistent schedule. Ben will eventually settle into some semblance of a schedule and start napping longer all on his own. It just takes time. (and once you get used to that schedule, he'll change it up again! Ha!) But seriously, do not worry about when/where/how he naps at this age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kate, Ben is so so cute! Love all the pics :) Glad you and Will got to get our and have some "married" time.

    Also, Kate is so right about the schedule...for the first year or so it seems like as soon as you think you have the schedule down it changes again! Hang in there and try to just go with the flow :)

    ReplyDelete