Friday, March 25, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go!

Well, our baby turned two months old this past Wednesday. His check-up is Monday so stay tuned for a two month post. This week we headed to Austin to visit Ben's Great Grandmother and Grandfather - my sweet Memaw and Pepaw. I was so excited for Ben to finally meet two of the most important people in my life. We had lots to do in preparation for our journey...
Daddy showed Ben a map and made sure he knew exactly where he was going.
I love, love this picture... my baby love and my man love.
Ben wanted to make sure he was well rested and asked to go to bed extra early the night before. On our way...
Auntie E, Tula and Ben enjoying some Wendy's for lunch.
We finally made it to Memaw and Pepaw's house! It is such a blessing for my children to get to meet my Memaw. They will all be better people having known her. She is the most positive person I will ever know. A true example of what a self-less, loyal, faithful wife looks like. I know God is so honored to call her one of his!! These two cuties are quite the pair. Luke had so much fun playing outside and running to his Mommy's arms.
This little one has a big chunk of my heart.
Precious.
On day two we were off to the park for some playground and yummy pizza.
Ben loves getting some Tula love.
Ben had SO much fun. :)
He has lots of ladies loving on him.
Memaw and Auntie E are members of his fan club.
Luke is so cute with Benjamin. He will walk up to "Ali's baby" and wave hello multiple times a day. It will be so cute to see these two play (and fight) together!
The trip to Austin was a success and we hope to return soon!
Benjamin is such a precious, loved baby BUUUUT he is turning out to be pretty fussy. In a few months I know I will chuckle thinking back at this season of his baby life. The picture below is whats going down in the Schmid house at the moment... Who wants to come over?? :)

1 comment:

  1. there really is something special about great grandparents huh? I'm so glad you all were able to go and had a nice trip.
    Also, I think most babies (Levi for sure) went throught phases where they were alot more fussy and then it would go away after a week or two, only to rear it's ugly head for at least a few days in another few weeks or months. Here's hoping that Ben's phase will be pretty short :)
    Love the pics! He is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete