Monday, December 12, 2011

"It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"

Benjamin has missed the memo that 'it's the most wonderful time of the year.'
Our little man has had a fussy past couple of weeks (heck, life.) and we can't figure out what he wants. He literally whines/cries on and off all day long. It can make you go a little crazy! :) Benjamin does have his better days but they normally happen on the weekends when Daddy is home. As I have mentioned before, I was a baby who cried/whined all day long so I know this too shall pass.
Last week Benjamin and I headed to Aunt Amanda's for some Mckinney fun while Will was out of town for work.
Not even matching reindeer pj's from Tula could put a smile on our boy.
Haha. I think Luke was ready for us to go home!
For three days Luke would get in Benjamin's face and say, "it ok benjamin. what wrong? it ok benjamin. it ok. it ok."
Ok. Last crying photo. It is a good one though.
I mean, he can't be too upset if he pauses to put a cheerio in.
We did have moments of happiness in Mckinney and Benjamin enjoyed interacting with his best bud Luke. Tula bought Luke a huge gingerbread house and the boys LOVED playing in it.
Miss Audrey and I in matching bows.
Love her.
Amanda was super, super, super sweet and let me take Luke out for some errands while she watched fussy (but precious) Benjamin.
While Luke and I were living it up in Kroger...
Benjamin had his first big fall with Aunt Amanda. The world of mobility leads to some pretty big boo boo's. Honestly, I was very relieved to have had my sister there when Benjamin pulled up on the heavy wooden bar stool and it fell on top of him. Doctor Amanda made sure he didn't need stitches and was well taken care of!
Close up of the boo boo.
In other news, we have been social butterfly's lately.
Benjamin enjoyed his first pj birthday party. He had hard time sitting still for face paint and only managed to get half of a puppy face done. He still looked so cute!
We met my lifelong friend Mary for lunch.
It was so wonderful to catch up with such a sweet friend.
We can't wait to meet baby Hogan!!
This weekend my best girlfriends and I had our 2nd Annual Brunch in Dallas.
I have been through everything with these friends: elementary/middle/high school, college, tons of firsts, engagements, and now babies.
I can't wait to see what another year of friendship will bring!
(Amy and Alyssa missed the picture)
Finally, last night sweet Robbie and Alyssa came to Fort Worth to babysit Benjamin while Will and I went out on a date. It was so thoughtful of them to make the trip! I am so blessed to have such special friends in my life.
Benjamin had so much fun and loved spending time with you both.
Come back anytime! :)

1 comment:

  1. ben is cute, tears and all :) glad you are able to keep a positive attitude and that you have lots of supportive family and friends! Love the pic of Amanda with Ben post fall...that's a keeper and a story that will be told over and over I'm sure. Poor baby and poor Auntie!

    ReplyDelete