Monday, May 21, 2012

The Big Move!

The Schmid life has been a crazy life this month!
We have literally been out of town every weekend and squeezed a move in on top of it all.  I haven't posted in awhile so lets start from the beginning... 

We love U-Haul storage!
The day after I got back from NYC Benjamin and I started packing up our house.  We sold our house so fast and weren't able to find a home we loved.  We decided on a 6 month lease in an apartment until we find a house we can't live without.  The closing date has since changed and we will be doubling up on rent for a month but that just comes with the moving territory.  If you are thinking about moving make sure you are 100% in because it is rough! :) Being the seller of a home you have no power in decisions.  Will and I are just thankful someone wants to buy our house... we are stressed cause we are blessed!  


My precious sister volunteered to keep Benjamin for the weekend of the move and met me halfway for the drop off.  Boy, our kids sure do love some Chick Fil A! 

LOVE.
 Benjamin came into this world loving Luke. He could watch Luke play all day long! The picture of the boys hugging... Luke closed his eyes. Can you say precious!?



 Throughout the weekend I received some pictures updating me on what Ben was up to. 

This kid loves playing with letters.
Garage sale time!
Bath time with his besties.
Saturday my parents picked Benjamin up from my sister's house so she could get things ready for Audrey's dedication. 

Swim time with Uncle Rett.
Mother's Day I woke up to Duncan Donuts (iced and hot coffee to chose from), flowers, and a sweet card from my men.  I felt super loved even though our weekend was CrAzY! After breakfast I zipped from my new apartment to attend Miss Audrey's dedication and pick up Benjamin while Will was unpacking.

Miss A wearing Tula's dress.
Gibson Family
After Audrey's dedication I brought a confused Benjamin home to his new apartment.  
Isn't amazing how resilient children are? 


He settled in pretty fast! 

This kid loves hats.
So sweet.
 After spending a week of unpacking and nesting, Ben and I headed back to Mckinney for another drop off.  One of my dearest friends got married this weekend in Austin and Tula and Pop were up for weekend with Ben.  It was perfect timing because Elizabeth (another dear friend from high school) was in town with her babes. We met up with her at a local splash park for some fun in the sun!

Lily = precious.
Avenleigh = adorable.
 My sister had the genius idea to cut up a pair of Will's socks for Ben to wear while playing.  They worked like a charm and managed to keep him from cutting his legs.  


Splashing around.
 After splash fun, Amanda and I took the kids for a quick adult sushi run.   


The next day we spent the morning with Aunt Amanda before dropping Ben off with Tula and Pop.  We decided to put our swimsuits on and go for a swim at Amanda's neighborhood pool.

They loved riding in the wagon together.
Enjoying the sun.
 No worries -- we have canceled our order of baby dentures!!! Benjamin has a tooth!! 
Alleluia, thank you Jesus! 

Can you see my tiny tooth? 
Love this.
Wagon rides are relaxing and swimming is exhausting.
 I am sure after reading this post you can get the idea that our life has been crazy lately.  My poor child has been dropped off at nearly every relatives doorstep this month.  Actually he has had a great time playing with all those who adore him.  I appreciate all the help we have received!! 
 I left Friday to head to Austin and he was playing like this... he is one cool dude!


Stay tuned for Will and I's adventures in Austin...

4 comments:

  1. wow it has been a crazy time for you! Where are you living now? glad you sold your house so quick and I will be praying that you find a home you love love love soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm living in an apartment east of TCCC, south of Mid Cities.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the prayers! Go NRH!

      Delete
  2. I know right were that is! It's pretty close to my house :) Let me know if you ever want to meet up at a park or something.

    ReplyDelete