Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas In January!

Well, I lied.  That wasn't my last Christmas post.  Last weekend was filled with lots of family time.  Friday didn't start off too great - Benjamin caught a bug at a birthday party the previous weekend and passed it to literally every family member.  Benjamin was feeling fine by Friday but Will and I weren't at 100%.  We decided to continue our planned weekend of family fun.First stop, the ranch.  We stopped by the cow pens before heading the house for some lunch with Granny G.  This was Ben and I's first ranch experienced and it proved to be pretty exciting.  Benjamin wasn't too sure about the noises the cows were making while being branded.

He warmed up to ranch life pretty fast.

It was really neat to see Will in action knowing exactly what to do.  I forget he grew up around cowboys and it is pretty cool our kids will get a  taste of what 'working the land' looks like. 
  
I managed to get in on the action.  My father-in-law showed me how to brand.   The smell of dirty cow hair is one I would like to forget (ha!), not the best remedy for a stomach bug and crazy pregnant smelling nose. 

Overall, we all had lots of fun and plan on helping Boots again in the future.  Benjamin is going to love it once he gets a little older.

 After our cow adventures, we headed up to the house for some lunch with Granny G and PA.

Second up, Austin. Memaw still had all her Christmas stuff up, and the Dodges met us there as well. This was the first Christmas without him, and it was oh so hard.  I love being in Austin and their house.  He is everywhere and I can feel his love in every room.  Their house carries my childhood and it such a blessing to get to share it with my kid(s). Audrey was under the weather by the time we arrived but powered through. While the trip wasn't exactly what we had planned, it turned out so much fun.   
Memaw and her great-grandkids. 
Auntie E and Audrey
Luke received this Explorer outfit from Memaw.  It was awesome!

Nothing like a pregnant woman and Cheetos! They are just so good. 
Luke was so excited Uncle Rett and Ashley made it.
Audrey got a too cute A&M cheerleader outfit!
All the kids got these cool glasses, and couldn't stop wearing them. 

Benjamin and his tractor.
Well that officially wraps all the Christmas 2012 celebrating. We left Memaw with a parting gift Sunday - the stomach bug. I hope our trip was worth it Memaw! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment