Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Happy 2nd Birthday to my precious Benjamin!
Time sure does fly when your a mom.  These past two years have been filled with so much love, some challenges, some triumphs, and lots of fun watching our Ben grow and grow.  You really appreciate all mothers more once you become one - especially your own.  I use to make fun of my mom every year for saying things like, "this time 18 years ago I was in labor"... now I get it.  I get that kind of love.  In one moment your life is rocked, and isn't about you anymore. It is the best thing that God has ever blessed me with and I am grateful, grateful, grateful. 
Here he is not even an hour old.


So in love.

 He's one! (and still no teeth!)

And finally, my adorable 2 year old! 

Benjamin goes to the doctor in two weeks so I will post stats then. He still seems to be tall and lean though. Benjamin has turned out to be a very complex little boy.  He is super quiet yet has some sass mixed in. (Hmm.. such a combo of Will and I. Can you guess who gave him the sass?) He is a very cautions child and likes to do things right the first time.  I think that is why he took so long to walk - he wanted to make sure he wouldn't fall.  He loves other children and playing with anything with wheels.  He loves Hank and chasing him around.  His favorite food is watermelon and Chick-Fil-A french fries.  Ben loves going to school every Tuesday and Thursday.  He runs in every morning excited to play and learn.  His speech is a little delayed and often sounds like Curious George. :) He loves giving lip kisses which has passed on some germs in the past.  We are now working on perfecting the cheek kiss and hug to avoid getting sick.  He still only has 10 teeth which is hilarious.  Where the heck are they?  He suffers from some allergies - eczema, and peanuts. (Sigh) He loves anytime Pop is in the room which has been the case since he was months old.  He enjoys a good playground and walk around the block. Everyday he discovers something new!

He loves wearing shoes and often brings them to me throughout the day.

 Ben loves hats.
He will keep a hat on for hours on end.
Go Army, Beat Navy!

Ben loves to watch tv and watches it closely. A lot of tv time is spent pulling him away from going cross eyed. :) Sesame Street, Curious George, and Dora are his favorites. 

Luke continues to be his best friend. 
He adores everything about him.  Ben would hang out with Luke every second of the day if he could.  Ben is the "quiet/laughs at everything you say" one, Luke the "talkative" one. Two peas in a pod. It is such sweet relationship to watch blossom. 


This picture sums up Ben and Audrey's current relationship.  They love to bug each other.  It is pretty hilarious to watch.  They always want the other ones toy, snack, ect.  On the other hand, they love one another.  Audrey makes sure Ben has his snack and he likes being taken care of by her.  If Audrey is playing in another room Benjamin is quick to make sure he knows where she is. They are very old married couple acting and it will be super fun to watch them grow up together.   

Benjamin loves animals. 
He enjoys watching the birds outside, dog being walked, really anything animal. 

Benjamin loves, loves his Daddy.
He also loves going on runs with Daddy and cries when the run is over.  
(So does Mommy! 45 minutes in an empty house, yes please!)

Daddy cuddles.
I am sure they were watching football in this picture.

Not trying to brag BUT he sure does love me!
My hair is his walking lovie.  He plays, twirls, and holds it any chance he can get. 
I love sharing my days with such a cutie. 

Benjamin has always been a great eater.
He loves food - milk, toast, bananas, apples, fries, mac and cheese, ect.
Can I have some jelly with some toast on the side?

Thought I would throw in what we did New Year's Eve... Ben loved it because it involved food.

Benjamin loves cars!
He normally isn't behind an actual wheel but enjoys anything with wheels.
Trains. Cars. Planes. Ect.
All. Boy.

He also loves the Aggies.
Well, I don't really know this yet BUT he WILL love the Aggies. :)
Thanks Tula and Pop for the gear!

Well, that pretty much sums up my sweet, loving, adorable, loved Benjamin!
Stay tuned for birthday celebration posts.

2 comments:

  1. Happy second birthday to your super sweet, special, adorable little lovie! I love all the pics - especially the one of Ben and Will on the couch. So cute. Can't wait to see what Ben's third year of life brings (including becoming a big brother!) And finally, happy second anniversary of mommyhood to you, Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! He sure is cute! I love how he does everything on his own pace, including his teeth! I agree with Kate, that picture of him and Will on the couch is adorable! Happy Birthday Ben!!!

    ReplyDelete