Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Simple Things

My child is not a fan of being dirty.  He is constantly bringing me tiny pieces of fuzz or dirt wanting me to throw them away.  He shows me every mark or dirt on his hand.  He likes to paint but only using brushes, he likes to dig but only with a shovel.  This kid doesn't like to be dirty. (You would think a dirty diaper would bug him...hmmm.)  Lately I have been trying to get him to embrace dirt. :) I have found a few simple things that he feels are worth the mess...
Watermelon.
He would eat an ENTIRE watermelon if I would allow it.  I think I need to enter him into a contest because it is pretty impressive.

Tonight while Will was watering the plants Benjamin ran under the hose and thought it was the best thing ever.  I took over and let him go to town... 


 We then got out the old school sprinkler and Benjamin was amazed by its power.  It is so fun to watch so much joy come out of the simplest of things.  




1 comment:

  1. my goodness those water hose pictures are so cute! Love that big, happy, thrilled grin!

    ReplyDelete