Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Super Boy!!

 There is something about a little boy in a cape that makes my heart melt.  It think it's because I have very vivid memories of my mom taking a clothes pin and wrapping a blanket around my brothers shoulders automatically transforming them into a super hero. To watch my little boy join the world of magic and make believe is just precious.



 The super hero has a new trick....
he is POTTY TRAINED!!!!
It took two attempts then 3 successful days of hard core potty going for him to finally catch on.  He is going on 2 weeks of waking up every morning dry. :) The midnight "MAMA I NEED TO PEE PEE"s have been a little bit of an adjustment but those are already getting less as more time goes on.
His teachers are happy. His Daddy is happy. I am happy.
YEAH for only one kid in diapers!!
 Tula and Pop heard about his first successful "trip" and before we knew it Benjamin owned 50,000 pairs of underwear. :)
:
 Taking a super hero break.
 For some reason the ball in this picture makes me laugh.
 Another mission. Another day.


 Sister got in on the action.
 Will is also a super hero!
He is going back to school for Petroleum Engineering on top of Daddy duties and his job! It is a lot on his plate and he works super long hours but he still manages to have that sweet Will smile on his face at all times.  We are SO proud of him and just love him to pieces!
I snapped this picture in the middle of making dinner and potty training one Sunday night.  Rebecca was fussy and I just couldn't grow an extra pair of hands.  Will swooped in and managed to multitask.  I just love this picture of them and know it will be a sweet memory for him and I to remember how "crazy things use to be". :)

2 comments:

  1. I, too, love a little boy in a cape! The pictures of super ben are too too cute! congrats on the potty training too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Lots of exciting things going on in the Schmid house! Yay Ben for going potty like a big boy! And I'm sooo impressed with Will's drive. Wow! Lots of cute pics of your cute crew too :)

    ReplyDelete