Friday, May 30, 2014

Lions and Tigers and Bears!

A few Sundays ago we went to the Dallas Zoo for a fun filled day.  It has been FOREVER since we had been to the Dallas Zoo because Fort Worth is always our go to and it didn't disappoint.
A few more frame worthy shots of my family. (sigh)
 I got a lot of shots of people's backs...


 And finally decided to tell them to turn around. :)
Love this, love them.
 The giraffes were a highlight of the day.  The kids LOVED feeding them.  They must of been full when we got there because only one giraffe showed any interest in our $5 lettuce.
For some reason he was drawn to Benjamin and got a lot of feeding action.
 He was in heaven.

 Audrey finally was able to sneak a leaf in.
 Uncle Rett and Aunt Ashley joined in on the zoo fun.
 Audrey was loving this elephant, Benjamin not so much.
 Brian and his girls.
 And all the moms said 'amen!'
(it lasted 22 minutes)
 Sweet, sweet Birdie.
 The boys wanted to rest their legs and Audrey was not too sure about this...
 Uncle Will was quick to pick her up for an even better view!
 My ham.
 Benjamin talked and talked about seeing snakes all day long.  We finally made it to the reptile exhibit and he loved every minute.

 The day was so much fun!! The weather was gorgeous and not many people were there.  Thank you Tula for providing an amazing, yummy, 5-course picnic!! 
Looking back at Benjamin's first zoo trip I see how different our family is today.
The Old Gang.
The New Gang.
My Old Schmid Family.
My New Schmid family.
 My Guys Looking Like Babies.

 My Guys Looking Like Men.
 My heart has grown. 
My to-do lists are longer, my packing list more detailed, my body more tired but I am so grateful.
 These hands are full and they are so, so blessed!
"Our loved ones don't make our lives, but loving them sure does."

No comments:

Post a Comment