Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Gypsy Life

The title of this blog is a little dramatic... regardless, Will and I have been living a gypsy-styled life lately.  Between the two of us we have logged many hours in the car for job/house/kid related things. We close on our house in less than two weeks (yeah!) and starting next week we are splitting our time between our apt and my parents house.  
We are happy to announce Will started his job this week! Benjamin and I threw him a little party last week to celebrate our new adventure.



The Gypsy life has brought on a love of sunglasses for Benjamin.  He loves sporting his shades anytime he gets a chance and will keep them one for a solid hour until I take them off. 





This past weekend Will went on his annual hunting trip and I headed to McKinney to escape our apartment. My parents were out of town so Benjamin and I had the house to ourselves.  Before heading to an empty Tula and Pop house we played with the cousins.
In this picture Luke was so excited to be twins with Ben, Ben was mad for some unknown reason, and Audrey was just over it (ha!).


Best Buds.



Luke loves to take pictures and then look at them.
"Luke be silly. Ok, now do anything you want!"
I guess he took that as lick Aunt Ali. 
(Note: Hideous pic of me but a genuine reaction.  I had to document it.)


After some fun at Aunt Amanda's we headed over to Tula and Pop's for some relaxing by the pool.



That night my lifelong friend Mary came over for some playtime with our babies. 
My 'baby' doesn't look much like a baby anymore next to Luke.


Ben loves stairs.


I feel my sweet Pepaw everyday and it often hits me at very random moments catching me off guard. There are a few places I consistently feel him - my Memaw and Pepaw's house and at my parents. Being alone in my parents house this weekend really took me back to all the wonderful memories I had with this incredible man.  My mom has pictures of him all over the house - the one below is one of may favs.  I am so happy for my Pepaw and that he is finally free.  I also am selfish and wish he could be here with me.  He would of loved to watch Ben grow. He would of loved to watch me become and grow as a mother.  He would of loved my new house.  It's big moments in life that I wish he was here to share the joy with.  I think he would of been proud of me.  
You know though, I think he is enjoying watching Ben grow. I think he is loving watching me as a mother.  And I am sure he approves of my new house and it's family gathering/football throwing possibilities.  I need to keep reminding myself that he is here... he just has a better view than all of us. :)


Ok, back to Ben's cuteness. 
Cheese!


Waiting for Dada to be home.


Exploring around the apartment.


So big.
  
Living in an apartment means lots of supervised play outside. 
 Let me show you the difference of walks with Mom v. Dad.

Mom.
(Yes, he is in the middle of the street BUT it was 8:00 in the morning and no one was up.)

Dad.
(I see Ben... oh wait, no I don't.)


 Two weekends ago I had the blessing of enjoying some time as Ali and not a Mom.
I met Kristen and Stephanie for a yummy brunch in Dallas before heading to a A&M tailgate.  
I love these amazing friends. 


The Gang.
I missed the memo that the tailgate was pretty hardcore and looked more like a Baylor bear than Aggie. :(


I'll end with the most precious, darling, adorable lady in all the lands.


No comments:

Post a Comment