Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Boy Oh Boy...

We are having a GIRL!!!
We are over the moon excited. Amazed by God's blessing. Feel so honored to be (almost) parents to a daughter!! A daughter!! I have always dreamed of having a daughter and to have it become a reality is amazing.  I can't wait to have a tiny ballet dancer sporting a wedgy, grass stains on Easter dresses, braids and bows needing readjusting, chipped painted nails after minutes of application, volleyball practices, Oscar watching parties, and just being able to point to a precious child across a room and call her my daughter. 
Living. A. Dream. 



Benjamin insisted he come for the big reveal and sat (for the most part) very nicely next to me.  Sorry of the exposed skin I just wanted to document big brother seeing sister for the first time.

Here we are right after.  The ultrasound tech really hooked me up with pictures.

Tula started her wardrobe minutes after finding out "it" was a "she". :)

Speaking of Tula, Will and I have always talked about honoring our mothers if God were to ever bless us with a little girl.  So...

REBECCA EDENS SCHMID

is one lucky little lady to be named after two wonderful women. 
Rebecca is my mom's name and Edens is Wills mom's middle name.
This is such a sweet time of life for us.  We are thankful, thankful to God for blessing us with so much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ali, what a precious post! Your words about having a daughter are so sweet! And I LOVE her name and that you are honoring your mom and mother-in-law in this way! I know your mom must be so touched to have a granddaughter named Rebecca. That is just wonderful! Big hugs and huge congrats to you! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! LOVE her name, that's a name I have always been fond of! I can't wait to see adorable little Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete