Sunday, January 18, 2015

Christmas Celebrations - The FINAL Post

 It is the middle of January and I am STILL trying to wrap up my Christmas 2014 posts.
Christmas Eve we headed over to Fort Worth bright and early dressed in our very bests.
I had a mini photo shoot with the kids and it was super successful. Sigh.

Rebecca's face is how I feel about still posting Christmas pictures.

  The kids were spoiled by Boots and Miss E with wonderful gifts.

Love her.
Rebecca making herself right at home.
After opening presents we headed to the club for a yummy lunch.
Rebecca used her best manners.
The kids passed out before we were even on the highway. Now I call that a success!
Christmas #1 down.
We headed straight to church from Fort Worth for their children's service.  Rebecca ran around like a crazy lady before it started.
  After church we headed home and got ready for Santa!
Will read the kids "The Night Before Christmas" and it was also super successful.
After one page in we decided we didn't care it was only 6:15 and put Rebecca to bed. :)
Benjamin loved dumping his reindeer food in our backyard. 
He said Santa needed 5 cookies and the reindeer 3 carrots.  Very particular.  We had already eaten all of our homemade cookies so I whipped up some slice and bake the day before.
Will gave the book another go to a quieter audience. :)
Every year I hear Will read this book to our kids I can hear my own sweet Daddy's voice taking me back to being a kid.  I still just love that book!
Santa came!!!
This was the first year Benjamin was REALLY into the Christmas magic.  I just LOVE watching him get into everything.
His new dinosaurs were his favorite.
I think Rebecca liked Benjamin's side better than hers.



After presents we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and ate a yummy breakfast.  I love these next two pictures...
Benjamin's face, Rebecca's arm.
Rebecca is over it.  ha. 
  After breakfast and a few hours of playing with all that Santa brought we headed over to my parents house for Christmas #3.

 All the grand kids.
Oh Rebecca...


 The kids had a blast riding their bikes around the circle.
The little girls toddled around close by.
Best buds. Notice the men in the back watching all the turkeys on the street being fried.  Yummy!
After a delicious Tula cooked meal and naps we sang carols.
Rett was so excited Rebecca was walking his way...
Two seconds after I took this she passed him.  haha.
Another Rebecca crying picture.  I found a lot of these going back through my pictures.  
Oh just eat your cookie kid and enjoy the holiday season.
Tula and Pop gave the kids awesome gifts.  They loved everything they opened.

Audrey got a make-up kit and made sure all the ladies in the room were looking their best.
"Let it go!"
 A few days later the Dodges and Memaw came into town and we were able to celebrate with them.  Christmas #4 was in full force!
The kids love their Uncle Todd!
 Memaw and Auntie E gave super thoughtful gifts that fit each kid perfectly.
 Here friend, let me help you.
 The next night we all got sitters and went out to eat on the square at Rick's.  It was so fun and super tasty! I wished the Dodges and Memaw lived closer so we could see them all the time.  I feel so blessed to have such a fun family that I just love love being around.
 Well that concludes Christmas 2014. (hopefully!!!)
Merry Christmas from my family of 4 to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment