Sunday, November 10, 2013

Big Boy Bed!

Benjamin was moved into his big boy bed last week!
Benjamin has never been the kid to break the rules.  He never climbed out of his crib, only stood up in his crib when I was in the room, and I always knew I would be the one to decide when he was big boy bed ready.  I tried to show him he could jump in his crib (I'm sure not many moms have done that) one time to see if he would start testing his boundaries but he never took the break. Will and I finally decided our tall little love was ready.  Last weekend while Will was set it up.  The second Benjamin saw his bed he climbed up, didn't hesitate and starting JUMPING! We were both shocked out our little ruler follower.
I snapped these first reactions of him seeing his bed. 

  After seeing his initial reaction to the bed I started to get a little nervous on how the transition would go.  Here he is all ready for his first nights sleep. Can you say PRECIOUS!?

 We did our normal routine - Daddy read to him, we sang songs, and said our prayers.  Needless to say, Benjamin has done fantastic!! He has slept better and has yet to climb out! His diaper is dry (he still fills he the second he wakes up) which was a huge issue in the crib as he leaked (more like soaked) it every night.  We have loved reading and snuggling with him every night before bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. YAY Ben! Glad it went so well. His bed is so cute and he is adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good boy! I just love the pics of him jumping on the bed :)

    ReplyDelete