Thursday, June 23, 2011

5 Months!

5 months old and we are loving life with Benjamin!
The highlight of my day is going to get my little man from his crib every morning. He kicks his legs and starts to giggle the second I open the door. These pictures were taken minutes after he woke up this morning. So happy, so giggly.
At 5 months old Benjamin is still eating every 3-4 hours during the day with one meal of solids for dinner. He is still rocking it at night sleeping 7ish - 7ish. He is so close to doing this every night but once and a while will get hungry around 5ish. We have turned a corner this month with naps. Benjamin is somewhat predictable! I never thought I would live to see the day. :) He takes 3 naps a day that last at least an hour each. With all the good napping going on, he seems to be happier and able to play for longer periods of time.
Benjamin loves blowing bubbles with his mouth, reading books, watching "Abby's Flying Fairy School," jumping in his jumper, screaming (his new trick), and sucking on Sophie. He is wearing 6-9 month clothes and is still super long. When he is eating DO NOT look at him - in order to control this, he has started eating with his hands across his eyes so no one can look at him. :)
Boy, this kid can eat! He loves sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, bananas, pears, and apples. I made tons of baby food this month and am storing it in my freezer. Super easy and healthy. Here is Benjamin surrounded by his greatest love (other than me).... FOOD! Unfortunately, Benjamin is a SUPER fast eater. Sometimes this results with some pretty bad spit up. Will received the record breaking spit up the other night... I was laughing so hard while taking this picture.
Benjamin loved his blue vanilla scented pacifier the first 4 months of life. One day he woke up and decided they were no longer friends. Anytime you would put a paci in his mouth he would launch it three feet. Very impressive if you ask me. Ben has found his thumb and often sucks on it before falling asleep.
Bath time is still a highlight of the day. He loves kicking and singing with his Daddy.
I love these next pictures of him.
Tiny baby Mohawk. :)
This month Benjamin has really enjoyed sitting in his stroller when we are out and about. Within two seconds of putting him in he props both feet up and is ready to be pushed. What a tough life. :)
Benjamin, you are the greatest gift I have ever received. What a joy you are! You are so loved and I can't wait to see what this next month will bring!
How can anyone experience motherhood and not believe in God? My cup runneth over.

1 comment: